We are continuing our series on treasures from the Princely Collections
with three graphic illustrations by Franconian artist Johann Adam
Delsenbach (1687-1765). From 1718, Delsenbach worked as a court copper
engraver for Anton Florian Prince of Liechtenstein in Vienna. The works
show three castles in the Czech Republic that were in the possession of
the Liechtenstein family until the enactment of the so-called Beneš
Decrees in 1945.
"Steinitz Castle" (face value: CHF 0.90) in Moravia was one of the properties owned by the Princely Family after 1649. Built in 1569 by the then ruler of Steinitz, Ulrich von Kaunitz, the Renaissance castle with an English park is used as a city museum today. "Goldenstein Castle" (face value: CHF 1.10) was also located in Moravia. The Renaissance castle came into the possession of the Liechtenstein family in 1622. After it had already been damaged by fire once in 1770, it was destroyed by fire again in 1925. Today, there are only ruins left to see. "Landskron Castle" (face value: CHF 1.80) in Bohemia came into the possession of the Liechtenstein family in 1620 after the Battle of White Mountain, the first major military conflict in the Thirty Years' War.